Need a ride to your health care visits?
You may be able to get a ride from TennCare. You can get help with a ride only for your TennCare services, and only if you don't have any other way to get there.
Southeastrans* provides services for non-emergency transportation to BlueCare and TennCareSelect members.
Need help with a ride to your health care visit less than 90 miles away?
If you need help with a ride to your health care visit that is less than 90 miles away, you can call one of the phone numbers listed below:
BlueCare East members call Southeastrans toll-free at 1-866-473-7563 if you live in one of these counties:
Anderson, Bledsoe, Blount, Bradley, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Franklin, Grainger, Greene, Grundy, Hamblen, Hamilton, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Monroe, Morgan, Polk, Rhea, Roane, Scott, Sequatchie, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union or Washington.
BlueCare Middle members call Southeastrans toll-free at 1-866-570-9445 if you live in one of these counties:
Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Cumberland, Davidson, Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Giles, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Buren, Warren, Wayne, White, Williamson or Wilson
BlueCare West members call Southeastrans toll-free at 1-866-473-7564 if you live in one of these counties:
Benton, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Shelby, Tipton or Weakly.
TennCareSelect members living anywhere in the state call Southeastrans toll-free at 1-866-473-7565.
Need help with a ride to your health care visit more than 90 miles away?
BlueCare members call 1-800-468-9698.
TennCareSelect members call 1-800-263-5479.
Please call at least 72 hours before your health care visit to guarantee your ride. If you cannot give at least a 72 hour notice, we cannot guarantee you a ride.
Transportation Helpful Tips
- Schedule your Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) at least one week in advance. This helps make sure you can get a ride.
- Know all the details about your appointment before you call to schedule transportation. Give this information to Southeastrans (SET)* when you call to set up transportation:
- Your provider's-
- Full Address
- Phone Number
- The name and address of any drugstores where you mayneed to stop.
- This is a shared-ride service. When you call to be picked up from your appointment, SET has an hour to pick you up. Sometimes you are able to tell SET an exact time when they can pick you up at the provider. But often, you will need to call SET to come and get you when your appointment is over. SET has up to one (1) hour to pick you up after your call.
- Write down your Trip ID number when you set up your transportation. If you have to cancel, SET will ask you for the Trip ID number.
- All trips more than 90 miles must be approved by BlueCare Tennessee before the trip is scheduled.
- An Urgent Trip is a covered NEMT service that must happen on the day of the request. For example, a hospital discharge is allowed as an Urgent Trip. A scheduled checkup with your Primary Care Provider (PCP) is not allowed as an Urgent Trip.
- An Urgent Trip is not for medical emergencies. If you have a medical emergency, you must call 911.
- There are two kinds of Urgent Trips:
- An Urban Urgent Trip is a covered NEMT service within a city or an area where more people live. SET has up to three (3) hours to pick you up from an Urban Trip.
- A Non-Urban Urgent Trip is a covered NEMT service in a rural area where fewer people live. SET has up to four (4) hours to pick you up from a Non-Urban Trip.
The Bureau of TennCare provides bus passes for:
- Members who are medically able to ride public transportation.
- Members whose trips meet the guidelines for a covered NEMT.
Bus Passes are:
- Provided as 24-hour bus passes for single trips.
- Provided as monthly passes if you have three (3) or more appointments scheduled in a 30-day period.
- Mailed to the member's home address.
*Southeastrans provides transportation services for BlueCare and TennCareSelect members. Southeastrans is an independent company that does not provide BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee branded products and services.