Our Quality Improvement Program (QIP) works to make sure our services meet your health needs. The quality and safety of your care is BlueCare Tennessee's top concern.
QIP constantly tracks our progress in meeting your needs. QIP's question is always, "Are we doing everything we can to improve your health and well-being?" We take action to make sure the answer is always, "Yes."
QIP promotes quality of care and member satisfaction through:
- Education and preventive care programs to help you stay well and avoid or delay the start of chronic diseases.
- Getting you the right care at the right time.
- Improving your access to health care.
- Connecting physical health care, behavioral health care and long-term services where needed.
- Measuring and studying your use of health care services.
QIP conducts Preventive and Wellness Campaigns.
Each campaign tries to improve Healthcare Effective Data and Information Set (HEDIS) Effectiveness of Care rates for the following:
- Preventive Care (helping you stay well)
- Up-to-date Treatments for Acute Episodes of Illness (when you are injured or have pneumonia or cancer)
- Chronic Disease Care (when you have a disease that doesn't go away)
Campaigns may include:
- Reminder calls
- Postcards and brochures
- Explanation of benefits (EOB) messages
- Outreach activities
- Health and wellness postings on http://www.facebook.com/bluecaretn
- Population Health Management
Information about QIP's goals and progress will be made available to members, health plan staff and providers/practitioners every year.
For more information on quality issues for BlueCare Tennessee members, call Clinical Quality Improvement at 1-888-433-8221, toll-free.
Providers visit the Provider section. Find out more about our commitment to quality. We want to help you help your patients take advantage of preventive health benefits and ways to manage their chronic and acute illnesses.