Community Resources

BlueCare Tennessee wants to help you with what you need to lead a healthy life. Sometimes your basic needs, like food, shelter, and clothing are a concern. The following list of community agencies can help you with many needs, not just your health care. We hope that you find this list helpful.

Adult Foster Care

Adult Day Care

Many adults do not need the services of inpatient care such as nursing homes. But they still need services to help them along. They may also need a place to avoid feeling isolated or lonely. The adult day cares also give their caregivers (such as family members) some time to rest and care for themselves.

Child Care

Find Child Care

Need help finding a child care agency near you?

Children and Adults with Disabilities

Lions Club International

Lions Clubs help the blind and hearing-impaired across the world. A Lions Club near you may have a program to help when you are in need.

Their help can include:

  • Eyeglasses
  • Hearing aids
  • Health-related services
  • Scholarships and educational needs

Call 1-800-741-4089 and press "0" for the operator.

Disability Resources

For information on disability programs and services, visit: Or

Topics include:

  • How to apply for disability benefits,
  • Find a job,
  • Get health care,
  • Pay for accessible housing,
  • Find places in your community to help you get the support you need
Social Security Office Locator

Visit to:

  • Apply for most types of benefits
  • Estimate your future benefits
  • Use the retirement planner
  • Find your full retirement age
Arc of Tennessee

The Arc of Tennessee is a non-profit, statewide organization on intellectual & developmental disabilities.
Call: 615-248-5878

Tennessee Deaf-Blind Project

This project offers training and information to:

  • Families
  • Educators
  • Other professionals

The project aims to improve the lives of individuals:

  • Younger than 21 and
  • With a combined hearing and vision loss


Crisis Lines

Adult Statewide Crisis Line:

Call toll free: 1-855-274-7471

Youth Statewide Crisis Line:

Call toll free:
Memphis: 1-866-791-9226
Rural West TN: 1-866-791-9227
Rural Middle TN: 1-866-791-9222
Nashville: 1-866-791-9221
Upper Cumberland: 1-866-791-9223
Southeastern: 1-866-791-9225
Knoxville: 1-866-791-9224
Northeast TN: 1-866-791-9228

Domestic Violence

Visit You can also call to talk privately with a trained expert. Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233).


Health Departments

Review the Health Department Listings for all Tennessee Counties.

Dental Care for Children

For answers to questions about children’s dental needs, contact DentaQuest.

Elder Care

AAADs(Tennessee Area Agencies on Aging & Disability) for disabled Tennessee residents
Call: 1-866-836-6678
Also see Southeast Tennessee AAAD:

Eldercare Locator

Find services for older adults
Visit or call 1-800-677-1116


Free, fast & complete guide to senior health care, in-home senior care & elderly services

Legal Aid

Legal assistance for elderly, abused, and low income persons
Phone numbers are listed on the website.

National Elder Law Foundation

Legal assistance for elderly, abused, and low income persons

General Needs – Food, Housing

2-1-1 Information and Referral Search

Call 2-1-1 or visit
For free help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more

Child and Adult Care Food Program


Families First, Tennessee’s welfare reform program


Help for Tennessee Families

Help citizens find a job, get job training, find health care services and reduce transportation costs
Visit or for information on:

  • Jobs
  • Home Loans and Money Management
  • Energy and Transportation
  • Health Insurance
  • Health Care
  • Healthier Living
  • General Assistance
  • Paying for College
  • Affordable Activities
  • Small Businesses
  • Food and Nutrition
Faith-Based Toolkit

BlueCare Tennessee's Faith-Based Toolkit was created to help the leaders of Tennessee's faith-based organizations with communicating with their members about health care. The Toolkit includes the Health Care Observance Calendar and a series of Preventive Health Flyers that are available for print. Organization representatives can also call 1-888-433-8221 to receive a copy.

Salvation Army(families in Hamilton, Bradley, Marion, Catoosa, Dade and Walker counties)

The Salvation Army offers social services such as:

  • Emergency and disaster-related needs
  • Spiritual outreach for all ages
  • Character-building youth programs
  • Holiday assistance to provide necessities and bring joy to many children, seniors


Summer Food Service Program

The program is in place to make sure needy children 18 years and younger can receive meals during school vacations. It can begin when school closes in the spring and continue until school opens for the fall term.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

Provides nutritional assistance to children and families in need in the form of a Benefit Security Card or EBT Card
To apply for benefits, visit your local DHS county office.
To find information on existing cases, visit
To learn more about these services, see:

Tennessee Continuums of Care - Homeless Services and Housing

Visit: – Help for Money Problems Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC):

Provides access to nutritious foods for income-eligible pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women as well as infants and children up to age five
Phone: 1-800-WIC-1007

Health and Wellness Information

Healthier Tennessee

"Healthier Tennessee" encourages Tennesseans to:

  • Be more physically active,
  • To eat nutritious foods in healthy portions, and
  • Not use tobacco products.

Visit today.

Kid Central

The Governor's Children's Cabinet website offers Tennessee families information on:

  • Health,
  • Education,
  • Development
  • Support and
  • A searchable directory to find State Services

Create your own private profile. You will find information that matters to the needs of your own family. You can explore the growing milestones based on your child's age.

Support Groups/Counseling

Alzheimer's Association Eastern Tennessee Chapter

1545 Western Ave, Suite 110A, Knoxville, TN 37921
1-865-544-6288 or 1-800-272-3900

Alzheimer's Association Mid-South Chapter

4825 Trousdale Drive, Suite 220, Nashville, TN 37220
1-615-292-4938 or 1-800-272-3900

Arthritis Foundation

209 10th Avenue South, Suite 123a
Nashville TN 37203
615-254-6795 or 866-227-3850

American Cancer Society

6221 Shallowford Rd., Suite 102
Chattanooga TN 37421

American Lung Association (TN)

1466 Riverside Drive, Suite D
Chattanooga TN 37406 423-629-1098

Cerebral Palsy
  • West Tennessee Cerebral Palsy Center
    34 Garland Drive Jackson TN 38305
  • LIVITUP, Inc.
    P.O. Box 381167 Germantown TN 38183
  • UCP of Middle Tennessee
    1200 9th Avenue North, Suite 110 Nashville TN 37208
  • West Tennessee Cerebral Palsy Center
    34 Garland Drive Jackson TN 38305
Cystic Fibrosis

Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
4825 Trousdale Dr., Suite 238 Nashville TN 37220
615-255-1167 800-824-5061
5401 Kingston Pike, Suite 230 Knoxville TN 37919 865-583-0355


American Diabetes Association
5805 Lee Hwy., #204 Chattanooga TN 37421

  • Epilepsy Foundation East Tennessee
    1715 E Magnolia Ave Knoxville TN 37917-7827
    865 522-4991 OR 800 522-4991
  • Epilepsy Foundation Southeast Tennessee
    1 Siskin Plaza Chattanooga TN 37403-1306
    866 570-1789
Multiple Sclerosis

MS Society Mid-South Chapter
214 Overlook Circle Ste. 153 Brentwood TN

Pain Parkinson's Disease Foundation
  • Support for Care Partners, Family and Friends
  • Has educational videos
  • Library of resources
  • Blogs


Tennessee Commission on Aging


Veteran Assistance


VA Nashville Regional Office, 110 9th Avenue South Nashville, TN, 37203
Call: 800-827-1000

Social Security Prescription Savings Program

This program offers help to assist with Drug Plan Costs.
Call 1-800-772-1213 or visit the website below.

Tennessee State Health Insurance Assistance Program

Free counseling, assistance, answers to questions and problems related to Medicare and other related health insurances
*Through each of TN's AAAD offices, call your local AAAD office or visit the website below.