Get a Ride
Get a FREE Ride to the Doctor or Pharmacy
It’s easier to look after your and your family’s health if you can make it to the doctor and pick up the medicine you need on time.
Southeastrans provides free, non-emergency trips for care and services covered by TennCareSM. We’ve listed the important info here.
Always call 911 in an emergency.
It’s easy to set up a ride.
If your doctor or pharmacy is less than 90 miles away:
- Book your rides online at southeastrans.com.They have tools to help you manage your rides, cancel if needed and get other help.
- Or you can call Southeastrans 24/7. Please call the number for your plan: BlueCare 1-855-735-46601-855-735-4660. or TennCareSelect 1-866-473-75651-866-473-7565.
Do you have to travel more than 90 miles?
Give us a call to get an OK first.
Here’s what Southeastrans needs to book your ride:
- The date and time of your appointment
- Your member ID number and phone number
- Your provider and/or drug store’s name and address
- If you’ll have someone with you (like kids or a caregiver)
- If you have any special needs - like a wheelchair lift
Remember, if you need any help, you can also call us directly 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., ET:
- BlueCare members, 1-800-468-96981-800-468-9698.
- TennCareSelect members, 1-800-263-54791-800-263-5479.
- Book your ride at least three days before your appointment.
- If you need to cancel, call us as soon as you can. If you cancel or don’t show up for your rides too often, you may not be able to keep getting them.
What kinds of rides are covered?
- Non-emergency medical rides
- Bus passes
- Urgent trips
- Non-emergency ambulance rides
- Mileage refund
- Taxi rides
- Employment and Community First CHOICES Community Rides
- Foster Children
You’ll be sharing most non-emergency rides with others in a van or a small bus. You may have to wait a little bit for pickup after your doctor visit. As noted above, most of these rides are for appointments within 90 miles. For longer trips, you’ll need to call us for an OK.
Bus passes are a good choice if the bus stops are close to you and your doctor. Talk with Southeastrans about how it works. Passes are available in some cities including:
Bristol Chattanooga Clarksville Franklin Jackson Johnson City Knoxville Memphis Murfreesboro Nashville
Urgent trips are for when you need help in a hurry — like when you’re discharged from the hospital. Urgent trips aren’t for emergencies. Just give us a call for an OK.
Non-emergency ambulance rides can be arranged if needed for medical reasons. You can call us to set them up.
Mileage refunds may be an option if you or someone else can drive to the appointment. Set this up before your appointment, and we’ll pay you for gas after the trip. Just call Southeastrans or us for help.
Taxi rides must be arranged by Southeastrans. Taxis are used only when necessary. Southeastrans won’t pay you back for taxi rides you set up on your own.
Employment and Community First CHOICES members may get free rides as part of their support plan. You can call Southeastrans or your support coordinator for help to schedule.
Foster children’s rides are usually set up by DCS, but Southeastrans covers some needs. Call the Foster Parents line at 1-888-422-29631-888-422-2963 for help.
Southeastrans is an independent company that offers transportation services to BlueCare Tennessee members and does not provide BlueCare Tennessee–branded products or services.