Report It Now for CHOICES Critical Incidents
When a CHOICES Critical Incident is identified, report it immediately.
What is the definition of a CHOICES Critical Incident?
To qualify as a critical incident, the incident must:
- Occur in a home and community based long term service and support setting or
- Occur during the provision of covered CHOICES Home and Community Based Services and
- Discovered or witnessed by BlueCare, the provider or FEA staff and
- Include one of the following:
- Any unexpected death regardless of whether the death occurred during the provision of services
- Suspected Physical or Mental Abuse
- Financial Exploitation
- Severe Injury
- Medication Error
- Sexual abuse and/or suspected sexual abuse
- Abuse and neglect and/or suspected abuse or neglect
Critical Incident Reporting Requirements
Timelines are based on the date and time of first discovery regardless if BlueCare or the Provider discovered the incident.
- Notify BlueCare verbally within 24 hours of discovery at 1-888-747-8955 or in writing via fax to 855-292-3715.
- Always report instances of abuse, neglect or exploitation to APS or CPS.
- APS Phone 888-277-8366 or fax 866-294-3961
- CPS Phone 1-877-237-0004
- If the initial report is submitted verbally within 24 hours, a written report is due within 48 hours of the date of discovery.
- A written follow-up report including the provider investigation, findings and conclusion is due 20 days from the discovery date of the incident.
Click here to download the CHOICES Critical Incident Form