TennCare is Tennessee’s Medicaid program. It provides health care to mostly low-income pregnant women, parents or caretakers of a minor child, children and individuals who are elderly or have a disability. To get Medicaid, you must meet the income and resource limits.
There are several different groups of people who may qualify for TennCare. Each group has different income limits. Some groups have limits on how much you own – like bank accounts, cars and land. The number of people who live in your household count too.
We offer two TennCare programs – BlueCareSM and TennCareSelect.
- Children under age 21
- Pregnant women
- Parents or caretakers of a minor child (child must live with you and be a close relative)
- Women who need treatment for breast or cervical cancer
- People who get a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) check
- People who got both an SSI check and a Social Security check in the same month at least once since April 1977 and who still get a Social Security check
- People who live in a nursing home with a monthly income of less than $2,205 or get other long-term care services that TennCare pays for
Do you think you qualify for TennCare? Find out more and apply here
TennCare Kids is a full program of checkups and health care services for children from birth through age 20 who have TennCare. These services make sure that babies, children, teens and young adults receive the health care they need.
Learn more about TennCare Kids.
How Do You Change Your Plan?
Your satisfaction with your health plan is important. TennCare assigns your plan when you enroll, but they also make it possible to change plans.
If you’re new to TennCare, you have 90 days to request a change. After that, you can change your plan during one month of the year. Your month depends on where you live, and you’ll find a list on the TennCare website.
Do you want to change your plan before your assigned month? If you’re having a problem with a provider or aren’t getting the care you need, please give us a call at the Customer Services number on the back of your Member ID card. We’ll do everything we can to help.
You can also talk to TennCare Solutions about making a change at 1-800-878-3192.
Check your Member Handbook for more details about changing your health plan.